The Chilton County Commission came to a decision this afternoon during a telephone conference call to close the tag office and the courthouse to the public. It was not taken lightly and we will continue to work hard and diligently to get the needs of the Chilton County residents met.
- We ask that you continue renewing online and through the mail.
- Notices for April are going out Monday, April 6, 2020. March and April renewals are still posted online. You can continue mailing in March renewals as well.
- Our Revenue Commissioner will waive mail fees for the month of April.
- The State has issued a memorandum that no penalties will be applied to March and April renewals, transfers on new vehicles, and MLI suspension 30-day letters. These will all be extended as of now to April 16th with the State and waived by us as long as we remain closed.
- Emergency situations will be reviewed by the department heads. If it's deemed an emergency situation, an appointment will be made with that resident to resolve the emergency.
- Phone calls will be answered. Please call with any question or concern and we will work as quickly and efficiently as possible to help you any way we can.
- You may also email any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be monitoring this closely.
Finally, please be patient with our clerks. We are going to try our best to serve you under the circumstances we've all found ourselves.We hope you and your family stay safe and healthy and hope to be back operating normal as soon as we can. Thank you.